The main aims and objectives of Epilepsy Alliance Europe are:
- To promote research into the epidemiology, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of epilepsy and its comorbidities.
- To advance and disseminate awareness and knowledge concerning the epilepsies.
- To establish epilepsy as a healthcare priority in Europe.
- To protect the rights of people with epilepsy by fighting stigma, prejudice and unjustified life restrictions.
In order to attain these objectives we are involved in the following actions and programmes:
- Securing funding for research and education in connection with the epidemiology, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of epilepsy and its comorbidities in Europe and in other regions.
- Developing European Union funded programmes aimed at improving research into the epidemiology, cause, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of epilepsy and its comorbidities.
- Participating in other European Union funded programmes aimed at improving knowledge about epilepsy, quality of epilepsy care and cost-effectiveness of interventions in people with epilepsy.
- Collaborating with medical centres, technology companies, universities, hospitals, epilepsy organisations, the pharmaceutical industry and any other groups that might assist in achieving the main objects of the company.
- Developing information programmes to raise awareness and understanding of epilepsy in the general public, in people with epilepsy and in those who care for them and to develop interventions to dispel stigma and protect the rights of people with epilepsy.